Frequently Asked Questions
At Echo Limousine, customer satisfaction is important to us. For your convenience, we have come up with a list of questions and answers that we believe will provide clarity to your reservation process.
Do all of your car seats have a 5-point harness system?
- Yes, all of our child car seats have a 5-point harness.
Am I required to use a car seat when traveling with children?
- In most cases, when riding in a commercial vehicle, such as a licensed taxi, limousine, or for-hire vehicle, young children are not required to be restrained in a car seat. If there is a requirement and you are transporting a child that is not your own, you are exempt from any resulting fines and penalties if the child’s parents or legal guardians did not provide an appropriate child-restraint system.
Is the price all inclusive? Am I allowed to add a tip at the end of the trip?
- When booking online, the gratuity is automatically included. Our prices include a 20% gratuity. However, you do have the option to add to the gratuity upon completion of the trip, instead of prepaying a designated amount.
What does all-inclusive mean?
- An all-inclusive price includes all services, taxes, fees, and gratuities.
Do I need to reconfirm my reservation before my designated pickup?
- You can confirm your reservation if you desire. However, you will be sent an automatic email reservation reminder 24 hours before your pickup time.
When will my credit card be charged?
- An authorization will be placed on your credit card two hours before the pickup time. We will charge your credit card upon completion of the trip.
Is a deposit required when booking?
- No, a deposit is not required at the time of booking. An authorization will be placed on your credit card 2 hours before the pickup time, and the credit card will be charged upon completion of the trip. The only exception is for special events such as weddings and long charters.
Are there any discounts available?
- Promotional discounts are available at the time of the booking. Please visit our Yelp page to view these special promotions.
Can I book my reservation online?
- Yes, you may visit www.echolimousine.com to book a sedan or SUV. To secure larger vehicles, text or call us at (773) 774-1074.
Where are you located?
- Our dispatch center is located 10 minutes from O’Hare Airport in Des Plaines, IL.
Do you travel on the interstate?
- Yes, we can go anywhere in the continental U.S., but our primary service area is Illinois, Indiana, Wisconsin, and Michigan.
Can four people fit in a sedan?
- No, our sedans have a maximum capacity of 3 passengers. The SUV is better suited for 4 to 7 passengers.
Can I pay by check?
- Yes, you can pay by check. However, we will still need a credit card on file at the time of booking.
Can I pay with cash?
- Yes, you can pay in cash. However, we will still need a credit card on file at the time of booking.
What types of vehicles do you have in your fleet?
- We have a full fleet of livery vehicles to accommodate all of your needs, ranging from 3-passenger sedans to 56-passenger motor coaches.
What time should I arrive at the airport to catch my flight?
- The recommended arrival time for domestic flights is 2 hours before your flight and 3 hours for international flights. If you don’t plan on checking bags for your domestic flight, you may arrive an hour before your departure.
Do I need to contact you once my plane lands at the airport?
- Once you land, you will receive an automated text message with your driver’s information. Please call or text your driver directly once you reach the baggage claim area. In the unlikely event that you do not receive a text, please call our office at (773) 774-1074.
How do I know when my driver arrives?
- Once the driver is on location, you will receive a text message with the vehicle type, license plate number, and the driver’s name and phone number.
How many bags does each vehicle type hold?
- Sedans can hold 4 medium bags or 2 large bags. SUVs can hold 6 bags. Stretch vehicles can hold 8 medium bags or 4 large bags. There are some exceptions with specialty vehicles.
Will you track my flight?
- Yes, we monitor all incoming flights. Your vehicle arrives at the airport based on the scheduled arrival time.
I received a “rate not found” message. What does it mean?
- Our system has pre-set rates for most locations to and from O’Hare Airport, Midway Airport, and Chicago. If your rate is not found, please contact us via email or phone at (773) 774-1074, and we’ll be happy to offer you a customized rate.
Am I going to be charged if my plane is canceled or diverted?
- No, you will not be charged for canceled or diverted flights.
What is your cancellation policy?
- You can find our full cancellation policy here on our terms and conditions page.
I don’t have a U.S. phone number. How do I reach you?
- If you do not have a U.S. phone number, you can call us toll-free at (877) 732-4564.
How many people can you fit in your vehicles?
- Our sedans can fit 3 passengers. SUVs can fit 7 passengers. Stretch limousines can accommodate 8 passengers. Stretch SUVs and Sprinter vans can accommodate 14 passengers. Please find the complete list on our service rates page.
Can I book a trip online?
- Yes, you can book online for all sedan and SUV trips by visiting our booking and reservations page. For larger vehicles, please give us a call at (773) 774-1074.
Can I book a trip via text message?
- Yes, you can book via text message at any time. Just send a message to (773) 774-1074.
Can I book a trip using your mobile application?
- Yes, sedan and SUV trips may be booked by installing and using our Echo Limousine Customer mobile app. Android users can find the app by clicking here. Apple users can find it by clicking here.
Will I receive an email confirmation?
- Yes, for every reservation booked, you’ll receive a separate confirmation email. A reminder will also be emailed to you 24 hours before your pickup time.
What is the average travel time between O’Hare, Midway, Milwaukee, and downtown Chicago?
- Downtown Chicago to O’Hare is 45 minutes. Downtown Chicago to Midway is 35 minutes. O’Hare to Milwaukee is 1 hour and 20 minutes. Please keep in mind that weather, accidents, holidays, and other events may lengthen travel times.
What is the grace period for luggage pickup at the airport?
- Once your plane has arrived at the gate, you’ll have 1 hour of free time to contact the office or your driver. For international flights, you’ll have a 2-hour grace period. After the grace period has ended, extra charges will be assessed.
Are your drivers dressed professionally?
- Yes, all of our drivers are professionally dressed in a dark suit, tie, and formal shoes.
Is there any identifying signage or logos on your vehicles?
- No, there are no decals or logos on our vehicles. Once your driver is on location, you will receive a text message with the type of car along with the license plate number.
Why can’t stretch SUVs be booked online?
- Due to the high demand, on weekends in particular, all large vehicles must be booked over the phone. This allows us to check availability at the time of booking.
Do you offer a tour guide?
- No, we do not have tour guides. However, we are open to helping you locate one.
Do you allow animals in your vehicles?
- Yes, we do allow pets in the vehicles when they are properly secured in carriers or cages. Service dogs are not required to be placed in cages or carriers.
Is alcohol allowed in vehicles?
- Alcohol is prohibited in our sedans, SUVs, and limousine buses. You are allowed to have alcohol in all stretch limousines and stretch SUVs.
Can I request a specific vehicle (make/model/year)?
- We cannot guarantee a specific vehicle type. However, you can make requests, and we will do our best to accommodate you.
How late are you open?
- We are open 24/7. You can call anytime to speak with one of our live dispatchers.
How far in advance do I need to book my reservation?
- You typically need to book your reservation 4 hours in advance for trips in the Chicago area. The farther out you are, the more time you will need. For large vehicles and special events, you can book anywhere from 24 hours to up to a month in advance.
Are we allowed to make stops during hourly service?
- Yes, hourly service includes unlimited stops and unlimited wait time.
I just landed. How quickly can you get a car for me?
- It typically takes 15 minutes to an hour for trips within 30 miles of downtown Chicago, O’Hare, and Midway Airport.
For point to point service, do you charge for extra stops?
- Yes, for each additional stop there is an extra charge starting at $10 per stop. The final price depends on how far we will have to deviate from the original route.
Do you provide limousine service for the Chicago suburbs?
- Yes, we provide service to all of Chicagoland and the surrounding suburbs.
How do I set up a corporate account?
- Please call our office and speak to our corporate accounts manager to set up an account.
Give us a call today at (773) 774-1074 to book your vehicle. You can also feel free to book through our website, as well as our apps.
We have taken several limousine services over the years, and Echo Limousine is one of the best. They were very professional, arrived early for pickup going to O'Hare, and very prompt on our return trip home from O'Hare. The drivers were pleasant, as well as professional, and the Town Car was very clean."— Jay G. - South Holland, IL
READ OUR REVIEWS